Sunday, February 21, 2010

Chicken & Sun-dried Tomato Pasta

This is suppose to be one of those recipes taken from Macaroni Grill. I don't know about that, but I do know this is a FAVORITE in our home! I make it every year for Valentines (cause it's kind of red).

Ingredients:
garlic, 2 cloves
butter 1-2 tsp
onion (optional)
chicken breast or tenders
sun-dried tomatoes 8.5 oz jar (I buy the julienne style with herbs)
heavy whipping cream (small container)
1 can chicken broth
basil
bow tie pasta


Melt butter (1-2 tsp.) in large skillet. Add 2 cloves minced garlic. Cook 30 seconds. Sautee cut chicken breast until browned. Add cut sun-dried tomatoes (the recipe calls for 3/4 c. but I dump in the whole jar...I drain off most of the oil). Add 3/4 cup chicken broth. Bring to a boil. The tomatoes will soften in about 10 min. Simmer uncovered for those 10 min. Add cream (all of it). Simmer over med. heat to thicken sauce. Sprinkle dried basil over the top. Pour over cooked bow tie pasta.

I always serve it with cabatta (sp) bread and olive oil with balsamic vinaigrette for dipping (with fresh crushed pepper on top).

Enjoy!
Rebecca Fluhman

No comments: